I love granola bars. But, having changed my diet to clean and healthy and packed with whole foods, this recipe for healthy granola bars delivers in terms of nutrition and wholesomeness.
Most commercial brands say they are healthy but are laden with refined ingredients and sugars. This healthy granola bar recipe leaves out those nasty offenders and sparkles with clean. I typically stay away from long ingredients lists, but when all of the ingredients are whole, nutritious foods, the length of the list is irrelevant. Don’t be intimidated by the long list! The actual recipe is very easy to make! Putting the healthy ingredients for this recipe together takes about 20 minutes and another 30 to bake. Easy peasy!
The cup of rolled oats that is needed for this recipe adds many health benefits for you. Check out this article touting the health promoting properties gained from consuming oats.
Crazy Healthy Granola Bar Recipe
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup chopped or slivered almonds
- ½ cup Dried Cranberries
- ½ Cup Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 Chopped raw pecans
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground Frontier cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup natural chunky peanut putter
- ¾ cup Dr. Bronner’s – Regenerative Organic Coconut Oil (melted)
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
How to Prepare Crazy Healthy Granola Bar Recipe
Preheat the oven to 350°
- Line an 11 x 7 rectangular pan with parchment paper
- Finely chop 1/4 cup of the rolled oats in a magic bullet or blender
- Add to a large mixing bowl adding the remaining dry ingredients
- Mix with spoon until well combined
- Whisk the wet ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl, add to the dry, stir until thoroughly combined
- Spread in the baking dish, pack down evenly.
- Using a pizza cutter or knife, score into granola before baking
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden on the edges.
- Let cool before separating into bars. They can fall apart if try to separate prematurely. The coconut oil holds them together and needs to cool and harden.
Enjoy for breakfast, snack or dessert! If you are looking for a recipe that can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner, check out our Vegan Sticky Cauliflower recipe.