If you want to be healthy, keep this in mind: restrict your consumption of bad fats, especially saturated fats and trans fatty acids, and you will decrease your risk of heart disease. Consuming a diet low in fat does not mean giving up the flavors you love. You will still be able to enjoy a lot of your favorite foods. There are wonderful substitutes for many not-so-wonderful ingredients that are healthy and delicious. This article will give you a number of mouth-watering low-fat recipes for you to enjoy.
Enjoy these delicious and healthy low fat recipes.
Low-Fat Savory “Meatballs”
- Cooked brown rice
- 1/2 pound ground vegan meat substitute
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Italian seasoning to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup whole wheat or Ezekiel bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 can golden mushroom soup (read ingredient labels for the best options!)
- One package fresh organic mushrooms – your favorite type
- Mix the meat substitute with salt and seasonings, and then form an inch meatball.
- Heat the mushroom soup with water.
- Steam the celery until semi-soft (about one minute or less).
- Add the celery to the soup. Add the meatballs to the soup and make sure the broth covers meatballs. Cover and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes, stir gently a few times.
- Add some mushrooms, if desired. Simmer for another 10 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked. Serve over brown rice.
Warm yourself up with this fat free soup recipe.
Ginger Carrot Soup
- 1 inch piece of fresh root Ginger – finely sliced
- 1 tbsp Basil
- 1 tsp Black Pepper, Freshly Ground
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1½ Pints Boiling Water
- 6 Large Carrots
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add onion, ginger and carrot. Cook for 5 minutes to soften onion.
- Add the vegetable stock cube and water and bring to boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes until the carrots are soften.
- Pour the contents of the pan, add sea salt and pepper, to a food processor or high-speed blender such as the Vitamix and blend, add more water if necessary.
- Garnish with basil and then serve.