Acai berries are still relatively unknown in the Western world. This fruit has been harvested in the Amazon for centuries. This nutritious berry is indigenous in this region and is known for its medicinal benefits. Those in the know use them to treat a variety of conditions.
- Digestive Aid – Great amounts of fiber in the acai berry juice rinses out the digestive tract as well as helps to get rid of fatty deposits left by unhealthful foods. This will boost energy and suppresses appetite for speedier weight loss and more efficient exercise benefit.
- Healthy Omega Fatty Acids – Half of the acai berry is composed of omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids. These good fats are essential for a healthy cardiovascular system. Studies have shown that omega fatty acids lower triglycerides and boost HDL levels and may help lower blood pressure. Those who are consuming a diet rich in omega fatty acids have lower rates of heart disease and high cholesterol.
- Fiber – High fiber content is one of the many benefits of pure acai berry. Most diet programs do not contain enough fiber, which is necessary for digestive health and weight management, among other benefits. The combination of fatty acids, fiber, and sterols in acai berries help the body convert food and improve fat burning. Many people consume acai as a means to assist in weight loss healthfully.
- Increased energy – The combination of proteins, carbohydrates, and antioxidants in the acai berry give your body the fuel it needs to get through your workout. The affect of the acai berry has made it a popular choice for athletes; this is because consuming acai products before an athletic competition will help one maintain high energy levels.
- Weight loss plans and the acai berry can go hand-in-hand. Natural compounds found in acai work together to burn fat, increase strength and increase muscle mass for maximum weight loss. Acai berries supercharge your metabolism, allowing you to maximize your exercise and diet regime.
- Amino acids – Acai berries also comprise a high concentration of amino acids, which have a variety of functions in the body. They are the building blocks of proteins and are known to promote sleep by relaxing the muscles. Amino acids also stimulate the immune system and help build muscle.