Makes 4 servings
Prep time: 30 minutes
Zoodle Pad Thai is an easy, nutrient dense meal that is full of color! And, with veggies, the more colors of the rainbow you eat, the more of a variety of nutrients you will consume. Antioxidants are plentiful in colorful foods, and because this dish has so much color to offer, you are getting an amazing array of antioxidants in every bite.
The zucchini in this Zoodle Pad Thai is magically tranformed into noodles via the use of a spiralizer. If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can julienne the zucchini as an alternative. Spiralizers are inexpensive and easy to use, so if you have been wanted to get one, this may be the time!
The carrots used in this recipe can either be purchased pre-shredded, shredded via the use of a food processor or just simply sliced into very thin strands. The key to this dish taking on the attributes of a noodle pad thai is how you prepare the veggies. Thinly slicing and spiralizing are key to the texture being right. Otherwise, it is just a fancy salad, which isn’t bad either! With all of these wonderful flavors together in one bowl, you really can’t lose.
The sauce of this Zoodle Pad Thai has nutrients to offer as well. The peanuts and peanut butter in the sauce are high-quality protein packed. While peanuts have a high fat content, the fatty acids are largely mono- and poly-unsaturated, which is important for heart health. Check out this article for more information on the nutrient value of peanuts.
While there is a bit of chopping involved in this recipe, there is absolutely no cooking. So, once the chopping is done, so are you! Just mix and serve. Easy, peasy!
Ingredients Needed for Zoodle Pad Thai
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 3 Medium to large zucchini, spiralized into zoodles
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 scallions, sliced into small pieces
- 1 5 ounce package of mung bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- florets from one stalk of broccoli, florets cut off and chopped into small, bite-sized pieces
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into small chunks
- ¼ cup heirloom cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (Regular or crunchy)
- 1 TBS Tamari
- 1/4 cup water, more if needed to thin out the sauce
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Juice from one lime
- ¼ cup unsalted peanuts, chopped into small chunks
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, julienned
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, julienned
- How to Prepare zoodle pad thai
How to Prepare Zoodle Pad Thai
In a large bowl combine all of the pad thai ingredients and toss to combine well
- mix all sauce ingredients together, except for the chopped peanuts, basil and mint
- If it is too thick, add a little more water to thin it out a bit, slowly adding a tablespoon at a time until right consistency is achieved
- Toss the sauce over the pad thai veggies and fold and toss until well coated
Sprinkle chopped peanuts, mint and basil over the top
For more delicious vegan, gluten free, no refined sugar recipes, check out our recipes page on HealthTastesGood.com.