Mexican cuisine is a popular choice among many because it is good to serve as your typical appetizer, a quick breakfast, lunch or dinner. It is perfect for family gatherings! You can be sure that when Mexican food and recipes are on the menu, you are likely to receive a positive reaction from your family and guests.
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 avocado sliced
- 8 corn, whole wheat or Ezekiel tortillas
- 1 purple onion thinly sliced and separated rings
- 3 oz. alfalfa sprouts
- 7 oz Daiya shredded vegan cheddar cheese
- 8 slices tomato
- Place the Daiya, onion, tomato and cilantro on tortilla.
- Cover with another tortilla.
- Place in a pan and heat until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and add the avocado and alfalfa inside.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and serve with the sauce of your choice.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large ripe tomato
- 1 large Hasse avocado
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- 1 bottle red salsa
- sea salt to taste
- Dice the avocado and tomato.
- Mix with red salsa, and then add the olive oil and lime juice, and a pinch of salt, if desired.
Veggie Taco – Taco Vegetariano
- 1/4 cup Vegan refried beans
- 1/4 cup Daiya cheddar cheese shreds
- 1/4 cup avocado diced
- 1/2 cup salad vegetables such as lettuce, cucumber, tomato, radishes, scallions
- 1 corn, whole wheat or Ezekiel tortilla
- Spread refried beans on tortilla.
- Place on a paper plate.
- Microwave on HIGH for 30-45 seconds until the beans are hot.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold tortilla in half and top with salad vegetables and avocado.
- Serve with sauce.
Traditional Mexican Refried Beans – Frijoles Refritos
- 1 pound package of dried pinto beans
- 4 cups of water
- 3 tsp of garlic powder
- 2 tbsp of veggie bouillon powder (or 1 cube)
- 1 tbsp of chili powder
- Place beans and water in a pot.
- Soak for at least six hours.
- Place the beans in a colander and then rinse thoroughly.
- Add with enough water to cover in Dutch oven with chili powder, garlic powder and bouillon.
- Let it boil.
- Cover and reduce heat, simmer for four to six hours.
- Mix occasionally. You know when the beans are done because they will be very tender. Mash or stir the beans often.
All of these recipes are good recipes for pleasing a hungry bunch!