Wellness is a concept of health care that focuses on preventing disease and prolonging one’s life, as opposed to treating disease. Wellness is a holistic approach which takes the whole person and not just the vital signs or physical aspects of your health. An individual’s well-being begins with a conscious decision to create a healthy way of life existing on a continuum unique to your particular situation. It is where you take the responsibility for the quality of your life. It is a mindset, or a predisposition to focus on a series of the aspects of your life that lead to high levels of satisfaction. Your well-being is just one aspect of many that combine to create good emotional health, environmental health, psychological health, physical health, social health and spiritual health.
- Exercises – A combination of aerobics, fitness center and other physical training programs, for instance, a full body workout to build muscle through a sequence of controlled movements.
- Yoga Training – The combinations of physical and mental disciplines by means of meditative practices of Buddhism, Jainism and Hinduism combined for health and fitness to fight against lifestyle diseases.
- Ayurveda – Ayurvedic massage, consultation, and medicine combats stress and other diseases such as high blood pressure, hypertension, heart problems, headache, body aches, etc.
- Meditation and Healing Arts – The best way to bring the mind and body together, relieving stress and leading to spirituality is through meditation and pranayama.
- Spa – To pamper your body including use of therapeutic massage, energizing massage treatments and aromatherapy massage are usually included in the program.
- Stress reduction – Several techniques are directed against a combination of mental strength and ability as well as physical stress. It works on the ability of the mind to be aware of and set aside stress.
- Healthy food – Vegetarian or vegan diet and ayurvedic herbal preparations that will revolutionize your diet and alter your lifestyle to live better and become healthier.