Whether you’re in it to get lean or to build healthy muscles, the power of proper snacks is undeniable. The experts tell us to consume six small meals a day. Having small meals instead of larger ones can help us in a couple of ways. It can keep the metabolism working more efficiently because you are feeding your body smaller amounts in one sitting making it easier to digest and use the calories you took in reducing glucose spikes. Plus, you are not allowing yourself to get too hungry which can lead to pig outs and eating too much food!
2. Tuna – 6 oz. can, 40 grams of protein (low mercury)
3. Turkey – About 7 grams of protein per ounce (free range)
4. Salmon – 3.5 oz., 27 grams of protein (wild caught, pacific)
5. Eggs – 1 large, 7 grams of protein (organic)
6. Peanut Butter – 2 Tablespoons, 8 grams of protein (organic)
7. Almonds, Peanuts, Cashews – 1/4 cup, 8grams, 9 grams, 5 grams of protein (organic, raw nuts are best)