It is not only essential for dieters to select healthy appetizers, but for everyone. The trick for the preparation of healthy appetizers is to make them look more attractive so that our brains get excited about eating them.
These nutrient packed appetizers are certainly more satisfying than appetizers which are full of unhealthy fats and other undesireable ingredients. Start your next party on a healthy note by trying one of these mouth watering guilt-free appetizers.
- 9 oz sliced Tofurkey
- 5 tablespoons vegan cream cheese
- 15 asparagus tips
- Heat oven up to 350 degrees
- Place the Tofurkey slices flat in stacks of two each
- Spread each with vegan cream cheese
- Place the asparagus spear at one end of the tofurkey stack
- Roll-up well and then place in a baking sheet seam side down
- Bake 15 minutes or until hot
Cherry Tomatoes stuffed with cream cheese pesto
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- black pepper
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) vegan cream cheese
- 2 liters (4 cups) cherry tomatoes
- Combine the garlic, basil, salt and pepper in a food processor. Reserve two tablespoons pine nuts and add the remaining to the basil. Process until the nuts are ground. With the motor running, pour olive oil. Add the soft vegan cream cheese and mix until creamy and smooth.
- Just before serving, make an X in the bottom (opposite the stem) of each cherry tomato with a serrated knife or sharp paring knife. Remove the seeds with a grapefruit spoon or your fingers; be careful to keep the tomatoes intact.
- Scrape pesto cheese filling in a piping bag with star tip, or a small plastic bag with a 1 cm hole cut in the corner. Pipe rosettes to fill each cavity of the cherry tomato. Garnish with remaining pine nuts.
- 1 large, finely grated organic Potato
- 2 beaten Eggs (or equivalent egg substitute)
- 1 / 2 teaspoon Turmeric
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- Sea Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a skillet.
- Mix all the ingredients together. Add pepper and salt to taste.
- Spoon the batter and then pour into hot skillet. Spread the batter with the back of the spoon.
- Fry about two minutes per side or until golden brown.